Over the years, Magic: The Gathering has become a popular deck-building game, and players have gotten better at constructing competitive decks and making their decks more functional. That’s why it’s important to carry around a good deck case for your favorite deck, so you don’t have to worry about your cards getting damaged.
As you delve more and more into Magic: the Gathering and collect more and more decks, you will also face the challenge of storing and transporting those decks. Many players choose to store the leftover boxes of thick packs, deck-building kits, and boosters as a cheap form of storage. However, this does not facilitate the organization and transportation of the deck. If you’re going to a game night with friends or an event at a local game store, you’ll need a way to store your games so you can take them with you. We’ve compiled a list of the best boxes for MTG games to make shipping easier. We hope you find something here to protect and transport your favorite decks.
Best Boxes for MTG Decks
1. Ultra Pro MTG Premium Deck Box Alcove
Why take a game box that can only hold one deck of cards when there is a game box that can hold twice as many cards? This is exactly what the Ultra Pro MTG Premium Deck Box Alcove is for. This box opens to hold up to 275 cards with double compartments. This is more than enough for large decks, including Commander decks. As a bonus, this box has a storage compartment for dice. This also allows you to carry life tiles and dice to use as other counters.
- Includes two storage compartments for two large decks.
- There is a separate storage compartment for the dice.
- Available in elegant black, decorated with the Planeswalker symbol.
2. Ultimate Guard Boulder Deck Case
Do you have to keep separate decks? In that case, the Ultimate Guard Boulder Deck Case may be better suited to your needs. This box is designed to hold up to 100 double pocket cards or 120 single pocket cards. This is enough for most of your decks, including Commander/EDH. In addition, the box is available in different colors for added style. If you’re particularly organized, you can buy different colors to code your decks or just pick a color you like better.
- Very affordable.
- Available in various colors so you can organize your decks by color.
- Holds 100 cards with a double cover or 120 cards with a single cover.
- The deck box has a soft-touch coating, making it comfortable.
- Several homeowners reported that the colors were different in real life than in the photos.
- According to some reports, depending on the brand of cases chosen, the cards will not fit as well as stated.
3. Ultra Pro Satin Tower Deck Box
Ultra Pro is known as a manufacturer of quality sleeves. Therefore, it is not surprising that they also make decent game boxes, like this Satin Tower game box. This is a sturdy box designed for a single deck of cards. In addition, it is a cost-effective storage solution. It may not be eye-catching, but it’s built to last and protect a deck while you’re on the go.
- Exceptionally robust construction with thick walls to protect your cards.
- It can hold up to 100 cards with one arm, making it an ideal box for Commander games.
- It is easy to open and closes when closed.
- You can’t see it in the pictures, but there is a compartment at the bottom for the cubes.
- According to some reports, the lid latch is too tight, and some owners have had trouble opening the box.
4. Ultimate Guard 200 cards Twin Xenoskin Deck Case
There’s a lot to like about this Ultimate Guard case. It can hold about two large card games (like Commander) or even several 60-card games, for starters. A convenient tray for the card games in the box is between the two compartments for the dice. You can easily keep several d20s to count your life total or several other types of dice to serve as counters. Moreover, the box closes very securely without being difficult to open. The lid is magnetic and seals the box. However, the magnets are not so strong that you can hardly separate them.
- Inside, several decks can be built.
- There is a separate compartment for dice.
- The lid is attached with magnets, so it’s not hard to open, but it also seals well.
- The rigid exterior protects your cards from bending.
- It has a non-slip exterior, so you can easily grasp it.
- Some noted that the compartments do not expand very easily.
5. Ultra Pro Box
If you’re less concerned about carrying a few games and more concerned about storing multiple games, we recommend this Ultra Pro Deck Box Set. Each pack contains five-card games, all at a great price. Each individual game box has empty space at the top. It’s designed to label your games, so you don’t have to open each one to see what’s inside. And because they come in different colors, you can code card games on them. So, for example, if you have a deck of green cards, you can store them in a box of green cards. We admit that these are not the most durable boxes on this list. Still, they are an ideal and economical way to store many decks.
- At the top, there is a section to mark each bridge.
- It comes in packs of five, so you can store up to five-card games.
- Each box contains about 80 cards.
- The boxes have different colors, which is perfect for color-coding the games.
- Extremely economical.
- They are certainly not the strongest boxes for decks.
6. Large black metal box
Deck storage and transportation options get interesting when you have options like the Big Black Metal Box. The name of this business tells you just about everything you need to know about it. It can hold a very large number of cards – up to 2,500, which is more than the entire collection of some beginners. However, this does not mean that you shuffle all these cards: There are dividers between each row of the box so that you can organize your games accordingly. You may need to buy small dividers to separate the layers in the rows. But once you do, you can carry dozens of plates with ease, thanks to the carrying handle.
- It can hold a very large number of cards.
- Thanks to the square corners, the box will not bend the square corners of your cards.
- Inside the box, dividing lines divide the box into neat rows.
- You can get a box with different attractive logos.
- It has an integrated handle for easy transport.
- Durable metal construction.
- This can be very expensive.
- You may need additional dividers to place between each set. The description indicates that there is a limited offer, including distributors, but the end date of this offer is not clear.
7. Hydra riveted Deck Box 5 pieces
Looking for something cheaper that can hold multiple card games? We recommend you look at the Hydra 5-chamber riveted deck box. As the name suggests, the box has five separate compartments for the five-card games. Unfortunately, the official description does not mention the exact capacity of each compartment. According to customer reviews, about 60 cards fit in the boxes, so this may not be the best solution if you play mostly Commander. However, it can be a fantastic solution for those who play 60-card formats, such as Standard.
- Includes five built-in compartments to carry up to five different decks.
- The lid is fitted with magnets for an airtight seal.
- This is ideal for those who don’t have a big budget and need transportation for multiple decks.
- The glue that holds the magnets in place seems to be weak, so some players report that the magnets come loose from the lid.
8. Quiver Time Collector Card Carrying Case
If you’re looking for a bag to carry multiple card games in style, the Quiver Time Collector card bag may be just what you’re looking for. It is made of durable material and has a removable strap that allows you to carry the box on your shoulder. More specifically, the cover is made of PU leather. This means that it is resistant to water damage, and your cards are therefore protected from outside influences. So how many cards can you fit in there? It holds about 1000 cards without a cover, which is more than enough for multiple card games. It also has dividers so you can organize decks inside.
- Includes card pockets, dividers, and dividers.
- Suitable for 1000 cards without compartments.
- It has a detachable shoulder strap for easy carrying.
- Made of waterproof PU leather.
- Available in many attractive colors.
- Some owners have noticed that the card pockets can get snagged in the Velcro or in the inner fabric of the pocket.
9. Enriched board game backpack
Take your games to the next level with the Enhance Board Game backpack. It’s not technically designed specifically to carry cards, but there’s more than enough room to use it that way. There are only so many ways to invent a new bridge tray, and we think this one offers many innovative features. He has z. B. Straps and compartments that can be used to store play mats. The front has zippered pockets for dice, life meters, and whatever else you want to have on hand. Perhaps the biggest drawback is that there are no separate compartments to store the deck – there is only a large strap to hold the large boxes in place. It would be best to store your decks in boxes that you can attach to your backpack.
- It has many pockets on the outside to store various things, such as playing mats and dice.
- The interior is spacious enough to accommodate entire boxes of board games.
- He lies comfortably on his back.
- It has a reinforced and flexible foam to protect your cards or boxes.
- It has no interior deck pockets. You must add your own details.
10. Zoopin leather lid box with integrated rotary life counter
Boxes like this leather storage box from Zoopin are what we imagine a simple, high-quality storage box to be. It is not designed to hold multiple decks of cards at once – just one set of 80 cards in the pockets. However, it is made of a soft and durable material. The lid also has a built-in life-counting scale, so you don’t have to use dice that can easily mix up or fall off the table. Moreover, the box is available in different colors. There’s bound to be a color you like or one that helps you organize your shelves better.
- A rotation time meter is integrated into the lid.
- Available in many attractive colors.
- Up to 80 cards can be stored in the pockets.
- Made of a soft and durable leather-like material.
- Not suitable for a Commander deck, although some owners say it could be suitable for a Commander deck if you really squeeze the cards.
The main function of the decking box is to protect your decking and make it easy to transport. The material will be an important factor in this argument. A thin plastic box will do if you only need one box to separate the decks. However, if you’re looking for something stronger to protect more valuable decks, you’ll need something with thicker, stiffer sides and made of more durable material. Leather with fabric covering, metal, or very thick plastic is suitable. You can read in the description what materials the box is made of.
Size is the next most important consideration when choosing patio covers. You have to make sure it really fits your game; otherwise, the importance of the game is lost. It’s also important to think about how to wear it comfortably. Consider whether you need something big enough for multiple card games or whether it’s better to buy something that will eventually fit into larger boxes. You can usually see how many cards a game box holds from the product description. If not, customer reviews usually list the number of cards in the box.
Crates are not only used for transportation. In this case, appearance would be a secondary factor, as long as the box itself is solid and portable. But boxes also play an important role in organizing your collection. Therefore, choosing patio covers in certain colors or styles may be important. You can even buy game boxes with specific card images printed on them to link them to the game they contain. Even if the organizational aspect is not the most important thing to you, you may just want your box to look good. This is not a superficial consideration: Your favorite card games deserve a good home when they are not being played.
Accessories are included in the kit.
Some game boxes come with more than one box. You can choose from multi-box packages, boxes with compartments, or dividers to put in more than one set. Of course, this accessory is not the deciding factor. In the end, the most important thing is that you get a decent deck box. However, these accessories can play an important role in your decision if you are torn between different options. For example, between a normal game box and a box with a built-in life counter, a box with a life counter may be more desirable.
There are many wonderful deck boxes. If you’re looking for a stylish, durable, and portable way to organize your patio, many options are available. Our favorite in this list is the Quiver Timetrading card case. It meets all requirements, such as an attractive design, portability, and the ability to store many cards. It also comes with many accessories, such as. B. Sleeves, straps, and spacers. You also need to know how to protect your individual cards.
ultra-pro 2 pieces 150 count boxes best deck boxes for yugiohultimate guard deck box ultimate guard deck box 100gamegenic deck boxmtg commander deck box 3d print, People also search for, Privacy settings, How Search works, Ultimate Guard Boulder 1…, Ultimate Guard Boulder 8…, Ultimate Guard Deck Case 80…, Ultimate Guard Boulder 6…, Ultimate Guard Boulder D…, Ultimate Guard Monolith D…, See more, ultimate guard deck box 100, game genie deck box,mtg commander deck box 3d print, ultra pro commander deck box, best dual deck boxes for commander, custom commander deck box,mtg multi deck box, best mtg card cases