One of the most common questions we get is how to find out if your phone number or iPad’s IMEI has been locked. This article will show you three easy steps on how to retrieve it.
You may have received advice from the law police or your insurance provider to record your IMEI number. However, finding the IMEI number may be difficult if your iPhone is locked. We’ll cover the following topics in this guide: Let’s get this party started.
If your iPhone or iPad is locked, there are six quick ways to get the IMEI number.
If your iPhone or iPad is not locked, you can go to Settings > General > About to find the IMEI number. However, things are different in case it is closed.
There are six methods for obtaining the IMEI number on a locked iPhone or iPad.
1. By Making Use of the Official Box
Use the official packaging of your device if your iPhone or iPad is locked and you need the IMEI.
Here’s how to get your iPhone’s IMEI while it’s locked:
- First, look for your iPhone/official iPad package.
- Next, look for the side of the box that has Bars on it.
- On the iPhone/iPad, all vital information, such as the Serial Number and IMEI number, will be presented there.
2. By Making Use of the SIM Tray
If you can’t locate your iPhone’s box, you may use the SIM tray to check up on the IMEI. This approach is compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 6S Plus, and subsequent models.
Here’s how to go about it:
- First, remove the bag from your iPhone (if any).
- Remove the SIM tray.
- Examine the SIM tray’s top side. A tiny text will appear there.
- This is the IMEI number for your iPhone.
- If you have an iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, or 4S, the Serial Number may also be found on the SIM tray.
3. On the iPhone/backside iPad
The IMEI number may be found on the back of your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, 5S, 5C, or iPhone SE (First Gen). Similarly, glancing at the back of your iPad will reveal its Serial Number or IMEI.
To determine the IMEI, follow the instructions outlined below:
- Next, take a look at the iPhone/rear. iPads On the bottom side, there will be some writing.
- Look for the header “IMEI.”
- Your IMEI number is the number after it.
4. Make use of iTunes
If you have a Windows PC or a Mac running macOS Mojave or previous versions, you can obtain the IMEI of your locked device using iTunes — here’s how:
- First, connect your computer to your gadget.
- On your computer, launch “iTunes.”
- Click on your iPhone’s phone number on the summary page to obtain the IMEI of the locked iPhone.
- It will also show you your phone’s IMEI number and other information.
- Click on the serial number if your iPad is locked.
- The IMEI and other information about your iPad may be found there.
5. Make Use of the Finder
The IMEI number of an iPhone or iPad (if locked) may also be found using “Finder” for Mac users running macOS Catalina 10.15 or later versions. Take the following steps:
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer.
- On your PC, launch “Finder.”
- Click on your phone number if you’ve linked the locked iPhone. You will get the IMEI along with other information about your iPhone.
- Click on the serial number if your iPad is locked. The IMEI and other details will be visible there.
6. Through the use of an Apple ID
You may also use your Apple ID to obtain the IMEI number on a locked iPhone or iPad.
- Switch on your computer’s browser.
- Go to apple.com/applied.
- Enter the Apple ID associated with the device that’s been locked.
- Proceed after entering your credentials.
- To get started, go to the “Devices” section.
- Select the device that has been locked.
- There will be a display of the IMEI.
What is the iPhone’s IMEI number?
The IMEI number, also known as the International Mobile Equipment Identity, is a unique 15-digit number assigned to each mobile phone. The IMEI number may be compared to your phone’s fingerprint or a social security number.
It helps the smartphone be tracked if it is lost or hacked. In addition, your carrier may ban the device based on the IMEI number and urge other pages to do the same, even if it won’t get your phone back.
However, the IMEI number should not be confused with the phone’s serial number. While the serial number is solely used internally, the IMEI number is utilized across the industry as a standard.
What’s the Difference Between a Bad and a Clean IMEI?
A phone with a faulty IMEI cannot be activated on the carrier for which it was produced.
Some of them include the phone being reported lost, stolen, or having been used to make any erroneous transactions in the past. In addition, if the original owner does not pay their debts, the phone may be banned as well.
On the other hand, a clean IMEI indicates that the phone has not been reported stolen or banned. This is what qualifies it to be used on a wireless network.
What is the purpose of the IMEI number?
When purchasing a secondhand phone, the IMEI number is helpful. For example, you can see whether the phone you want to buy has been reported stolen, subject to an insurance claim, or banned.
Aside from that, the IMEI number provides information on the phone’s specs, year of release, brand, and model. You may do this by going to IMEI.info and entering your phone’s IMEI number — it’s entirely free!
Frequently Asked Questions About IMEI-Locked iPhones
Before we go any further, let’s look at some of the most often asked questions concerning the IMEI number on iPhones.
Why is the IMEI being blocked?
If your IMEI has been reported as lost or stolen, it will be disabled. In addition, it may be banned if your phone’s carrier finance arrangements are not paid in full. Contact your carrier or use an IMEI checker to see whether your phone’s IMEI number has been blocked.
Is IMEI blocking effective?
Yes, IMEI blocking is a very efficient method of preventing your phone from being misused. Although the gadget is not blocked, the burglar cannot use it on any mobile network. Consequently, they won’t be able to make or receive calls, nor will they be allowed to utilize data.
When an IMEI is banned, what happens?
When an IMEI is blocklisted, it indicates that the device has been reported stolen or lost or that payment is owed. As a result, the carrier may disable the services, or, in the worst-case situation, police may take the phone from the user.
That’s all there is to it! Finally, you’ve mastered locating the IMEI number on an iPhone or iPad. Please share this helpful article with others who may benefit from it if you find this helpful article.
Also, if you have any other questions regarding how to get the IMEI number on an iPhone, please leave them in the comments area below. We’ll do our best to respond as soon as possible.
- how to get IMEI number on iPad if locked
- how to get IMEI number on iPhone 11 if locked
- how to get the IMEI number on the phone is locked
- how to get an IMEI number on an android phone is locked
- how to get IMEI number on iPhone 7 if locked