How to Fix a Dell Inspiron Laptop
Many users face the problem that the laptop does not boot into Windows when they buy a new laptop. You may be upset if you have spent a lot of money and your laptop no longer starts up properly.
Unfortunately, many Dell Inspiron users are still experiencing these problems. But you don’t have to worry anymore, because we’re here. In this article, you will learn how to repair a Dell Inspiron laptop that won’t boot.
But more specifically, you need to understand exactly what the problem is with your Dell Inspiron laptop.
There are two possibilities for two problems: Either your laptop is turned on but can’t start the Windows operating system, or your system is booting. To find the perfect solution, you need to know your laptop’s real problem. Also, read The 15 best laptops under $600 in 2021.
If your computer stops booting, it could be a hardware or software error. And if your computer won’t boot, it’s more likely due to a software issue that prevents the system from booting the Windows operating system.
Sometimes the cause can be software or an application that is not working properly. Security software, i.e., antivirus applications also poses some problems. You need to remove this application from your system.
To solve this problem, you cannot find a specific cause; we recommend that you contact a technician or software developer.
Since your computer won’t boot up, this can happen in several ways. Don’t worry; here are some methods you can use to fix a Dell Inspiron that won’t boot.
Method 1: Performing a hard reset
Performing a hardware reset on your laptop can be a useful method to prevent many problems. However, it consumes the remaining power of the laptop with which these problems occur. Proceed as follows:
- Then disconnect the AC adapter or power cord and remove the battery.
- Now disconnect all devices such as printer cables, USB drivers, memory cards, etc.
- Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to turn off the remaining power to the laptop.
- Then connect the two batteries and connect them to the laptop.
- Now turn on the laptop and check if it is open or not. If your problem persists, try other methods.
Method 2: Check the laptop battery
- First, turn off the laptop, remove the battery and connect the power adapter to the laptop.
If the battery is the main reason why your Dell Inspiron laptop won’t boot, this method will fix it.
Method 3: Reset BIOS default values
Sometimes you open your laptop, and the boot process is complete, the Dell logo appears and then suddenly disappears, and you notice one of the following symptoms.
- The laptop hangs up on the Windows logo
- You can hear the sound of the fan.
- Black screen with only the cursor.
- You will receive messages that appear on the Windows screen.
By resetting the BIOS to the factory settings.
- Restart your laptop first.
- Then press the F2 key several times to open the BIOS menu before opening the laptop.
- You will see different buttons and different settings. Based on the different BIOS settings, choose wisely which settings you want to access.
- Then follow the instructions on the screen.
- Now that you have made changes to the BIOS settings, you need to save the changes and exit the BIOS.
Here’s another way to get rid of a Dell Inspiron laptop that won’t boot. Performing a clean boot may solve the problem, but make sure you boot your Windows into safe mode.
Proceed as follows:
- Press the Windows key
- Then go to the system configuration and continue with the settings.
- Then click on the Services tab.
- Click on Hide all Microsoft Services options
- Then click on Unlock All.
- Now click on the Start tab.
- Then click on the Open Task Manager button.
- Go to the Run tab and select the programs that interfere and disable them.
- It’s done. Now restart the laptop and check if the problems are solved or not.
Find and remove the malicious infection or virus.
If your laptop does not open, your laptop may be infected with a virus. This means that you need to remove a file that is infected with malware or a virus from your system.
This can be done by installing a powerful and effective antivirus program that reinforces the walls against viruses or infected files. Then, run a system scan to find infected files, if any. There are many antivirus programs available. You can easily download them.
Method 4: Formatting a laptop and reinstalling Windows
If you have tried all the above methods and none of them solve your Dell Inspiron laptop repair problem, then I think it is time for our last option to format your laptop and then reinstall Windows.
Before you format your laptop and reinstall Windows on your system, you should back up all your data to USB or external hard drives, or you can also back up your files via the cloud.
Normally, Windows is formatted through the settings, but your Dell Inspiron laptop won’t boot because things are different here, so you’ll have to use another way to reinstall Windows.
The hard drive will be automatically formatted, and all the files on your system will be automatically erased.
You must restore the media file by inserting the DVD or USB drive into the USB port of the device. Then turn off the laptop and restart it. Press the F12 key several times when opening.
The menu will open, search for UEFI BOOT a, and select the appropriate device for your media type. Then select the desired language.
A list of options appears on the screen. First, click the Troubleshooting button. Then select the options to recover the files from the disk.
The process may take longer, so it takes some getting used to.
If any of the above methods do not work, we recommend that you contact a Dell Notebook Service Center. For example, there may be a problem with the server preventing the laptop from booting. To solve your server problems, you need an advanced system solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I restart my Dell Inspiron laptop?
A: Resetting the Dell Inspiron Press and hold the power button for at least ten (10) seconds. If you fail to press and hold the power button, restart the system.
What can I do if my Dell laptop crashes?
A: Press and hold the FN (function) key while turning on the system. Hold down the FN key and start pressing the Windows key to bypass the problem. The login screen should then appear.
Feedback, dell laptop won’t boot past the dell screen, dell laptop does not start-up black screen, the Dell laptop screen not turning on, dell laptop won’t turn on the fan running, dell Inspiron 15 stuck on the dell logo, dell laptop does not start (only power light on for few seconds), Privacy settings, How Search works, my dell laptop won’t turn on, but the charger light is on, dell laptop not turning on power light blinking